The Multimedia Course provides beginner level training in the knowledge and skills needed to create and integrate text, graphics, sound, animation and full-motion video into multiple design platforms.
The course includes instruction in the following areas:
- Operation of Apple computer systems and file management
- Acquire, edit, design, manage, output, and archive digital imaging, graphic design and multimedia files.
- Adobe Creative Cloud (Photoshop, Illustrator, Indesign, Premiere Pro etc)
- Students use software to create, manage and render the following: composite photographic layouts, graphic designs, page layouts, video productions and interactive multimedia solutions
- Apple computer systems
- Buffalo Terastation Server
- Roland Eco-Solvent SG-540 Print/Cut System
- QE6000 Vinyl Cutter
- Epson Stylus Pro 9900 Wide Format Photo/Poster Printer
- Laser/Inkjet Printers
- Hand Bindery Equipment such as Paper Cutter, GBC Comb Bind, Thermal Bind etc.
- Nikon D90, D7000 and D5600 DSLR Cameras
- Canon XA30 Video Cameras
- Lighting/Backdrop Equipment
Multimedia Concurrent Enrollment Opportunity:
- Photoshop I
- Central Maine Community College
- 3 Credit Hours
- Basic art skills are a plus.
- Creative and motivated learner.
- Must be able to work independently.
- Must be able to work at a computer station for extended time.
- Basic Math skills (+/-, Measurement, Fractions etc)
- Ability to read, comprehend and write at high school level
- Multimedia I - Grade Level: 10, 11, 12
- Multimedia II - Grade Level 11, 12
This course meets for 36 weeks.
LRTC: Room V7.