Q: What Is This Program About?
If you are interested in learning skills that will help get a job in one of the biggest industries in the world……sign up!
The Industry: This program provides students with knowledge and a basic understanding of what is needed to become a successful manager or entrepreneur in an exciting and versatile industry. Skills learned in this class are transferrable to any job, any career.
The Class: This course has a strong emphasis on broad business, management, customer service and marketing subjects complemented with tourism, career (resume, cover letters, job interview practice) and employment specific modules. Learning is based around: class delivered lectures, activities, field trips, guest speakers, food tasting, and both group and individual project work.
Q: What Can I Earn?
- 2 High School Credits
- 6 College Credits
- National Certifications
Q: What Are Some Employment Opportunities?
- Marketing & Sales
- Business Tourism, Promotion & Marketing
- Hotel Management
- Food & Beverage Management
- Government & State Organisations
- Social Media & E-Tourism
- Airport & Airline Operations
- Travel Agencies & Tour Operations
- Air & Cruise Travel Management
- Sports & Recreation Management
- Destination Management Org (think Disney World)
- Outdoor Recreation Management
- Conferences, Festivals & Event Management
- Club & Bar Management
- Revenue Management
- Human Resources & Training
- Travel Writer or Photagrapher